These are Rock Creek blanks: contoured and chambered in house at PVA. They are not "skim pass and chamber" barrels like has been seen with other shops. These are dialed in directly to the bore at the chamber and muzzle end for 100% of the barrels. No process difference between our normal custom procedures and these sale barrels. We have 200 blanks here leftover from a contract that need to leave. We're selling them at contract pricing. We are not offering alternate calibers or custom throating for these barrels, it's just not possible with these prices. Pricing does not include a barrel nut, barrel nut add-ons are available for discounted pricing in the order form.
Expected lead time is 6-8 weeks.
Fluting services adds 2 weeks to the lead time.
Cerakote adds 2-4 weeks to the lead time.
Rush Services are not available.
Compatible Actions for Savage Small Shank (others may exist, these are known to work)
- All Bighorn/Zermatt TL3 and Origin, TL2 with 20 TPI tenon
- All American Rifle Nucleus, Archimedes and Mausingfields post 2014
- American Rifle Coup De Grace magnum bolt face, not 308 or 223 bolt face
- Savage Small shank actions are typically 2 digit models IE 10/11/16 except the Model 12 Target Action
- AeroPrecision Solus
- Impact 787
Compatible Actions for Remington700 Barrel Nut (Remage)
- Remington 700
- Defiance Deviant, Rukus, Tenacity, AnTi, not including the Deviant Elite or coned breech actions
- Impact 737
- Lone Peak
- Stiller Tac 30 and Tac300
- Falkor series
Compatible Actions for Tikka T3 family
- Tikka T3
- Tikka Tac A1
- Ruger American series
All 6mm Blanks are 1:7 twist and 0.237 bore. After making several thousand 7, 7.5, 7.7, and 8 twist prefits over the past decade we can say with confidence that all of the chamberings offered do exceptionally well with 7 twist barrels and bullets of at least 87 grains. Yes, we are aware of what the internet says. We actually have the data from "doing it". You'll be fine with a 7 twist.