This ring is machined to be a drop in replacement for shouldered BarLoc barrels that were made by PVA. They can be used for any action which PVA made the barrel to fit a shouldered BarLoc installation. It may work for barrels cut by other shops but we cannot guarantee it and we strongly recommend that users wishing to replace their barloc on a barrel that we did not headspace should take the barrel to a qualified gunsmith to check the headspace with this collar installed before firing any ammunition.
The collar is made from salt bath nitrided stainless and the OD is available in 1.20 and 1.25 size to line up closely to the barrel shank. The collar can be bead blasted and/or polished to remove the black coating for a stainless finish. We do not offer that service.
The installation procedure is very simple:
- Remove the barrel from the receiver.
- Remove the BarLoc mechanism from the barrel.
- Clean and lubricate the threads and mating shoulders on the barrel, receiver, recoil lug, and collar.
- Insert the collar over the barrel shank in place of the BarLoc mechanism.
- Reinstall the barrel and torque it to 75-100 ftlb.
- Confirm headspace before firing any ammunition.